What loans can a U.S. student receive attending 新加坡六合彩开奖网?

Students may receive funding under the Direct Loan Program. Under either program, loans available include Stafford (subsidized and unsubsidized) and PLUS loans. Congress has regulated that students attending foreign schools (like 新加坡六合彩开奖网 as we are located on foreign soil)听 are not eligible for any of the grant programs, such as the Federal Pell Grant or the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant.

Do I need to be a U.S. Citizen to receive federal student aid?

A student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen to be eligible for federal student aid. This includes citizens of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands. The general requirement for eligible non-citizens is that they be in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a citizen or lawful permanent resident, as evidenced by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Department performs matches against a student鈥檚 application to verify citizenship status. In addition, there are procedures that a participating institution must follow to confirm a non-citizen鈥檚 status through the DHS and Social Security Administration if citizenship status is not confirmed through our verification

What kinds of educational programs offered by 新加坡六合彩开奖网 may I enroll in that would allow me to receive federal student aid?

An educational program offered by a foreign school, such as 新加坡六合彩开奖网, is not an eligible program for purposes of federal student aid if it is provided by correspondence or distance education in whole or in part. In addition, a foreign institution may only approve federal student loans or deferments for eligible U.S. students for enrollment in an educational program that is at least one year in length and leads to a certificate, diploma, or full degree program. The program must be at the undergraduate or graduate level.

If I am attending 新加坡六合彩开奖网 through a 鈥淪tudy Abroad鈥 Program sponsored by my domestic school, do I apply for federal student aid through the foreign school?

No. Federal student aid for a short term, or a study abroad program is processed by the student鈥檚 home institution in the U.S. 新加坡六合彩开奖网 would not be authorized to certify student loans or deferments for U.S. study abroad students who only plan to attend for a semester or for a one year study abroad experience to earn credits that apply toward or transfer into a degree program in which the student is enrolled in the U.S.

I am enrolled at 新加坡六合彩开奖网. Can I receive funding to perform research in another country for a semester?

No. Funding does not cover studies in a country outside of your institution鈥檚 location. Funding only covers eligible programs within an eligible institution.

新加坡六合彩开奖网 Enrollment Status for eligibility and reporting for US Title IV funds policy

In determining enrollment status for eligibility for Title IV funds at 新加坡六合彩开奖网 our policy is as follows; to be enrolled half time a student must be taking at least a half time course load.听 鈥楢udit鈥 courses, courses that are not matriculating to your degree and some remedial courses do not count.听 The reported status for the three enrollment periods (fall, spring and summer is determined as follows:

Enrolled credits Enrollment status
12+ Full-time
6 - 11.99 Half-time
Less than 6 Less than half-time

Appealing Your Aid Decision

The US Department of Education has certain guidelines and regulations that 新加坡六合彩开奖网 must abide by.听 However you have the right to appeal your financial aid decision if you feel there are听extenuating circumstances.

Please submit the听Appeal Application, an听Income Expense and Benefit Form听and necessary documentation along with an explanation of your circumstances.

Appeals will be reviewed only after all requested supporting materials are received.

What happens if I leave school or graduate?

Leaving school: graduating, withdrawing, or dropping below half-time

Once you are no longer enrolled at least half time, you鈥檒l receive a 6-month grace period on your Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans during which you are not required to make loan payments. You must begin repayment at the end of your grace period.

Make sure that the Direct Loan Servicing Center knows that you are no longer enrolled. If you don鈥檛 begin making payments when required, there is the possibility that you will lose repayment incentives you may have received or even go into default.

You are required to complete the Exit Counseling before you graduate or withdraw. You may complete the听.

General financial aid requirements: All awards are limited to students enrolled full-time and are in good academic standing, by meeting听Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), and not have defaulted on previous education loans.